As announced in October 2017, Animas Corporation is exiting the insulin pump business and intends to discontinue the manufacturing and sale of Animas® Vibe® insulin pumps. Having previously discontinued the sale of insulin pumps in the U.S. and Canada, Animas will now begin closing operations in Europe, New Zealand and Australia. This decision was extremely difficult and comes following an extensive exploration of all viable other options for the Animas business. Animas’ goal is to transition all patients globally to another insulin delivery system and exit the market by September 2019.
Patient safety and continuity of care is of utmost importance to Animas. If you are currently using an Animas pump and pump supplies, you will continue to receive pump support and services. Specifically, Animas will continue to provide customer service and warranty support, including providing pump supplies that are used in conjunction with the Animas® Vibe® insulin pumps, through a transition period. As part of our continued commitment to patient care, Animas will honor pump warranties.
We recognize that patients living with diabetes rely on our products to provide critical care, and we want to reassure patients and their care teams that we will be there, every step of the way, throughout this process.
What this means for patients, healthcare providers, and the healthcare agencies in these countries:
- Effective immediately, Animas will cease to place Animas® Vibe® pumps in the European market to the extent this is contractually permitted.
- Where Animas has contractual obligations, Animas will honor its commitment while working to transfer such obligations to suitable other parties.
- Where permissible, we have selected Medtronic as our preferred partner to facilitate a seamless insulin delivery system transition period. One of the reasons we chose Medtronic as our preferred partner is because of its strong track record providing outstanding patient care and support. For over 30 years, Medtronic has been a global leader in the treatment of those living with diabetes. One of the reasons we chose Medtronic as our preferred partner is because of its strong track record providing outstanding patient care and support. For over 30 years, Medtronic has been a global leader in the treatment of those living with diabetes.
- Animas and/or our partners will be communicating details about the decision and next steps to patients and/or healthcare providers and agencies in the coming weeks.
- The timing of that communication will vary depending on the country and processes in that country.
- As stated before, if you are currently using an Animas pump and pump supplies, you will continue to receive pump support and services through a transition period.
- If you currently use LifeScan, Dexcom or Diasend products, continue to use them. You will continue to receive the same customer care.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our customer call center at 0800 055 6606 in the United Kingdom and Ireland 1800 812715. You can also visit Medtronic's web site at https://mmc.medtronic-diabetes.co.uk/animas/ .