Animas Corporation intends to exit the insulin pump business and discontinue the manufacturing and sale of Animas® Vibe® and OneTouch Ping® insulin pumps. This decision was extremely difficult and comes following an extensive exploration of all viable other options for the Animas business.
We have selected Medtronic as our partner-of-choice to facilitate a seamless insulin delivery system transition period. One of the reasons we chose Medtronic as our partner-of-choice is because of its strong track record providing outstanding patient care and support. For over 30 years, Medtronic has been a global leader in the treatment of those living with diabetes, and we are confident that they will provide outstanding support to our patients and their care teams.
If you are currently using an Animas pump and pump supplies, you will continue to receive pump support and services. Specifically, Animas will continue to provide customer service and warranty support, including providing pump supplies that are used in conjunction with the Animas® Vibe® and OneTouch Ping® insulin pumps, through a transition period. As part of our continued commitment to patient care, Animas will honor pump warranties.
We recognize that patients living with diabetes rely on our products to provide critical care, and we want to reassure patients and their care teams that we will be there, every step of the way, throughout this process.
For patients, caregivers and healthcare providers in the U.S. and Canada, this announcement means:
- Animas has discontinued the sale of all Animas® Vibe® and OneTouch Ping® insulin pumps effective immediately.
- If you are on a pump with a warranty that expires on or after September 30, 2019, you or your pump supplier will be contacted by a member of the Medtronic transition team concerning the option to transfer to a Medtronic 630G insulin delivery system at no cost.
- If your warranty expires before September 30, 2019, Animas will continue to honor your warranty until your warranty expires and you transition to a new pump. When your pump warranty is about to expire, we encourage you to explore your options by visiting www.medtronicdiabetes.com/Animas or by calling (855) 322-9568 (US) or (800) 284-4416 (Canada).
- If your pump is not under warranty or your pump has a warranty expiring by December 31, 2017, you may explore your options by visiting www.medtronicdiabetes.com/Animas or by calling (855) 322-9568 (US) or (800) 284-4416 (Canada).
- If you currently use LifeScan, Dexcom or Diasend products, continue to use them. You will continue to receive the same customer care.
- The decision will not impact CGM support or supplies. For CGM supplies, patients should continue to contact their distributor or Dexcom directly (888) 738-3646 (US), (844) 857-6317 (Canada).
Customers in Canada
Customers in Canada will receive a letter about their options concerning the transfer of personal information to Medtronic to help facilitate the transition. You can view a copy of the letter here.
Customers in Countries Outside U.S. and Canada
For patients, caregivers and healthcare providers outside the U.S. and Canada who currently use Animas pumps and products, Animas will continue to sell pumps and operate as usual, and nothing changes for now.
We have established a special Animas Customer Care Center that can be reached at (800) 661 1730 (U.S. toll-free) or (800) 552-5925 (Canada toll-free).
You may also contact a member of the Medtronic team by calling (855) 322-9568 (U.S. toll-free) or (800) 284-4416 (Canada toll-free).