Animas Corporation intends to exit the insulin pump business and discontinue the manufacturing and sale of Animas® Vibe® and OneTouch Ping® insulin pumps. This decision was extremely difficult and comes following an extensive exploration of all viable other options for the Animas business. Animas’ goal is to transition all patients globally to another insulin delivery system and exit the market by September 2019.
We have selected Medtronic as our partner-of-choice to facilitate a seamless insulin delivery system transition period. One of the reasons we chose Medtronic as our partner-of-choice is because of its strong track record providing outstanding patient care and support. For over 30 years, Medtronic has been a global leader in the treatment of those living with diabetes, and we are confident that they will provide outstanding support to our patients and their care teams.
If you are currently using an Animas pump and pump supplies, you will continue to receive pump support and services. Animas has transitioned customer service and customer technical support to Medtronic. If you have any questions, technical issues, or need to order supplies for your Animas® Vibe® and OneTouch Ping® insulin pump, call Medtronic at 877-937-7867 (US) or 800-284-4416 (Canada). As part of our continued commitment to patient care, Animas will honor pump warranties.
We recognize that patients living with diabetes rely on our products to provide critical care, and we want to reassure patients and their care teams that we will be there, every step of the way, throughout this process.
For patients, caregivers and healthcare providers in the U.S. and Canada (for Canadian residents, also see the information below under “Customers in Canada”), this announcement means:
- Animas discontinued the sale of all Animas® Vibe® and OneTouch Ping® insulin pumps effective October 3, 2017.
- If you are on a pump with a warranty that expires on or after September 30, 2019, you or your pump supplier will be contacted by a member of the Medtronic transition team concerning the option to transfer to a Medtronic 630G insulin delivery system at no cost. You can also contact Medtronic directly by calling 855-322-9568 (US) or 800-284-4416 (Canada) to discuss the process to transfer to a Medtronic 630G insulin delivery system.
- If your warranty expires before September 30, 2019, Animas will continue to honor your warranty until your warranty expires and you transition to a new pump. When your pump warranty is about to expire, we encourage you to explore some of your options by visiting www.medtronicdiabetes.com/Animas or by calling 855-322-9568 (US) or www.medtronicdiabetes.com/Animas or by calling 800-284-4416 (Canada).
- If your pump is not under warranty we encourage you to explore some of your options by visiting www.medtronicdiabetes.com/Animas or by calling 855-322-9568 (US) or www.medtronicdiabetes.ca/animas or by calling 800-284-4416 (Canada).
- If you currently use LifeScan, Dexcom or Diasend products, continue to use them. You will continue to receive the same customer care.
- The decision will not impact CGM support or supplies. For CGM supplies, patients should continue to contact their distributor or Dexcom directly 888-738-3646 (US), 844-857-6317 (Canada).
Customers in Canada
Customers in Canada were mailed a letter about their options concerning the transfer of personal information to Medtronic to help facilitate the transition. You can view a copy of the letter here.